About Aldi Video interview
Aldi is a supermarket that operates on a global level and is one of the largest retail chains in Europe. What started as a small grocery outlet in 1913 in Germany has now grown into a mammoth chain of 750 stores sprawling across Europe. With one of the most lucrative job openings, people’s demand and competition for placements in the Aldi ecosystem are very high. This is why in order to stand out from the crowd, as a candidate you will need to prepare for the Aldi video interview questions.
The Graduate Area Manager Programme
This program is a highly lucrative prospect and it lasts for two years. In the history of Aldi’s recruitment people who started as Area Managers went on to achieve big things with them. The current CEO was also an Area Manager. In the first year of the program, the candidates are given a taste of how the company works. They are given staff training for three months and are taught store management for two months. There shall be a three-week cover period where the candidate will act as an in-charge for the whole store. In the second year of the program, the candidates will mostly visit stores to develop a perspective on their roles and learn ways to recruit teams and train them.
Industrial Placement Scheme
This scheme is mostly for undergraduate students and Aldi mentions clearly they want people to be brave, curious, and passionate before they appear for the Aldi online interview questions. There are certain posts in the industrial placement scheme and they are:
- General Management Placement– In this post, the candidate will move between retail stores and head office teams where they learn about different areas of business.
- Ecommerce Placement– the Aldi Hiring process wants you to be acquainted with the business that is being conducted in the digital world.
- Corporate Buying Placement– This placement is in Aldi’s main office and as a candidate who has successfully passed the Aldi video interview questions the person will gain experience in PR, marketing, and advertising.
- IT placement- Candidates who get through the Aldi online interview questions with an interest in the field of IT will be placed in high-performing and yet small teams. They do not necessarily require a degree in this field.
What qualifications and skills are required to appear in the Aldi interview process?
For the graduate area manager program, Aldi asks for the following qualifications in the candidates before they appear for the Aldi video interview questions:
- A 2:1 in any discipline
- 96 UCAS points
- A functional driving license
- The right to work in the country in question
The interview process does not emphasize having prior experience in retail management as Aldi provides training to the candidates.
The Aldi Personality Requirements
The Aldi way of training its apprentices is conducted keeping in mind that the training should make business actions more cohesive and effective. In order to get through the Aldi hiring process a candidate must have the following character traits:
- Ambitious and strong-willed with a positive and proactive attitude.
- The ability to gel well with teammates and follow business rationale to take decisions.
- Inquisitive about how to get things done in a simpler yet effective manner.
- The commitment towards any task that the candidate is involved in.
- Customer-centric decision-making.
- Driven and focused.
How does the Aldi hiring process work?
There are five stages that one must pass through in the Aldi interview process before they get placements in one of their schemes:
The first stage of the Aldi hiring process is submitting the online application. The online application will check your skills and educational qualifications along with your prior work experience. A candidate can also submit a separate CV along with the application for their benefit. However, while filling the application form the candidate should not use phrases like “refer to the CV” and should answer all the questions concisely and honestly. If you have retail or management experience make sure that you highlight them.
Online Psychometric Test
The Online Aldi assessment will be a combination of numerical reasoning, logical reasoning, and verbal reasoning tests. The interviewer administers this test in the Aldi hiring process to check if the candidate has the appropriate skills to handle a particular position.
- The numerical Aldi online interview questions will revolve around mathematical problems at the GCSE levels. However, since the time is limited a candidate might be under a lot of pressure.
- In the logical reasoning part of the Aldi assessment, there are certain shapes and patterns that are present. The job of the candidate in the Aldi assessment is to figure out the next logical shape.
- In the verbal reasoning section of the Aldi Assessment, the candidate gets a passage out of which he will have to answer questions in the form of True or False. Candidates should not try and answer questions based on their previous knowledge of things. The authorities have designed this test to find out if candidates are able to derive inferences from what is in front of them.
In this stage of the Aldi assessment, a candidate must upload a five-minute video describing who they are and what their ambitions and motivations are. These Aldi online interview questions enable Aldi to understand your personality and your people skills better. As an area manager or an integral part of the company, you will be required to fit people from different cultural backgrounds into one team. This video and how you present yourself gives Aldi a measure of how ready you are to assume responsibility.
Provided that a candidate gets through the aforementioned Aldi video application, the candidate is asked to join the Aldi assessment center along with other candidates. The Aldi assessment day typically includes a short brief from the managing director, presentations from the candidates’ end, and a Q&A session with senior management of the Aldi brand. The Aldi assessment day starts functioning the moment a candidate steps inside the assessment center. Therefore candidates should comport themselves with dignity and dress appropriately.
- Your presentation should not exceed two minutes. What you want to talk about should be interesting for you as well as relevant to the role that you are applying for. Talk about or highlight skills or things about yourself that you would want the assessors to remember.
- In the group activity stage of the Aldi Hiring process, the candidates will get a hypothetical situation that will force them to think under pressure. The situation is usually a crisis situation where the rational ability of candidates to prioritize one thing over another is evaluated. There is no right or wrong in this section of the Aldi interview as people will be more interested in how you arrive at those decisions.
The final interview is the last stage of the Aldi interview system and will last around thirty minutes. The regional managing director will conduct this interview. If Aldi employs a candidate in the area manager role they will be closely working with the regional managing director therefore it is of paramount importance that the candidate makes a good impression in the Aldi video interview questions.
What are Aldi Video Interview questions that are asked?
The following are the Aldi video interview questions that interviewers ask:
Why do you want to work for the company?
Candidates can either say something like Aldi is a great brand that operates on customer-centric approaches and how you would be proud to represent them. Apart from that, you can also state your interest in retail and that Aldi would be a nice place to begin and grow.
What is your greatest weakness?
Try to answer such Aldi online interview questions honestly. Assessors hate when people try to underplay their weaknesses. Do not say things like you take your work seriously and do not have time for yourself. Instead, talk about a trait that your job requires you to possess. Bring out how you are struggling currently in mastering that. Finish your statement by talking about how you are trying to remedy your situation.
What is your greatest strength?
Try to find out what skill the job requires you to be proficient in. From the collection of skills take your pick. Talk about a skill that you are most proficient in. With the help of illustrations talk about how you demonstrated those skills in real life.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
If you have a career goal, this would be the perfect opportunity to disclose them to the interviewer. This shows your ambition. Also if you are eyeing a particular post in the Aldi framework talk about that so that the interviewer sees your commitment to the brand.
Did you ever have a conflict with your boss?
Answer such Aldi video interview questions section honestly. It is okay to have a disagreement with your superior as long as you brought about a resolution between the two of you. Talk about how you plan to avoid deadlocks in the future.
How to dress up/prepare for the Aldi interview?
If you are appearing for the Aldi video interview process make sure that you abide by the following guidelines:
- If you are appearing for the Aldi online interview questions for an entry-level position make sure that you are dressed in business casual. Avoid wearing shorts or jeans
- If you are appearing for a management position make sure that you are dressed in formal or business casual. Black is a safe choice of color.
- When you are appearing for Aldis interview questions from the confines of your home make sure that you sit at a place that is silent. Chaotic interruptions when the interviewer asks Aldis interview questions can hamper your confidence. It can also deter the interviewer to hear you properly.
- Another thing to consider when you are appearing for Aldis interview questions is the lighting of the room. If your room is dark either take the help of natural light. You can also place the lights in a manner that does not generate a glare.
- When you face the Aldi online interview questions make sure that your background is neutral and there are no visible visual distractions.
- Before appearing for the Aldi online interview questions you should practice how to look at or deliver your presentation to the camera. This ensures that in the original interview situations do not throw you off.
How can AI help in facilitating the Aldi hiring process?
According to Entelo’s 2018 Recruiting Trends Report, recruiters spend thirteen hours per week selecting candidates for a particular job. This is why Artificial Intelligence has become a prerequisite in accentuating recruitment efforts. The Aldi interview process is a holistic process which is why you can leverage AI in both the technical round and the Aldis interview questions. This is how you can leverage AI to seamlessly conduct the Aldi hiring process:
Going through millions of resumes for the selection of a handful of candidates can be taxing work. This is where AI can be beneficial for a company. If you orient the AI in a manner that it inspects the parameter set by the company it can very carefully sort out candidates that fit the job expectations well. Besides, leveraging artificial intelligence can give you more time to direct your attention to core business processes. AI-enabled technical skill tests are faster than in-person examinations. AI is able to generate reports faster and the qualified candidates move on to the next round.
You can integrate AI with different personality tests. Companies use it in their recruitment to check the psychological makeup of the candidate. The AI gives candidates situational questions or asks them to submit behavioral illustrations. The company in the Aldi recruitment process can gauge better. In an in-person interview, it is not very easy to keep track of all the metrics that qualify a candidate. Recruiters end up remembering someone who was either charming or outspoken but fails to correlate their qualities with the job expectations. The integration of AI with Aldis interview questions can alleviate this bias.
Enhances Candidate Experience
Candidates who appear in the Aldi assessment would want to know how close they were to getting through. In an in-person interview, there are no real takeaways except the experience itself. However, when candidates appear for the Aldi open interview under the influence of Artificial intelligence they can get feedback. This will help them overcome their weaknesses. Besides, a company toeing the lines of new technology will only garner positive reviews from the industry as an entity that is embracing newer models of recruitment.
Birbal as an AI platform has all these qualities that would make an intense recruitment process seem like a cakewalk. As far as accuracy is concerned Birbal is always right and together with Birbal today you can bridge the gap between job requirements and the talent pool at your disposal.
What questions are asked in the Aldi video interview?
The basic questions are all oriented toward knowing what you will add to the company. However, there are certain questions that ask candidates about their knowledge of the company as well.
How do you pass the Aldi video interview questions?
Passing the Aldi hiring process is a huge task as a candidate has to go through a series of qualifying tests. They also have to show familiarity with Aldi’s business model and working culture interview questions. Besides, there are psychological evaluations as well to check if the candidate aligns with their personality type.
How long is the Aldi video interview questions?
The Aldi video interview is a 5-minute long video interview. It gives the candidate an opportunity to present themselves and exhibit their knowledge about the company and retail in general. The video interview also gives the company a chance to measure a candidate’s leadership and problem-solving abilities. It enables them to check if they are able to answer Aldi’s business model and working culture interview questions
What happens after the Aldi video interview questions?
If the assessors like the candidate’s Aldi video application they invite them to visit the Aldi office at Bolton for their group assessment. Generally, around twelve people make it to the center after Aldi’s open interviews.